updates....

Since I have lately SUCKED at getting updates in, and haven't touched this stuff in a couple of months...here's a mash-up at what we have been up to....sorry to say, still no pics..but when/if I EVER get caught up on my editing for the people that pay me, I'll do a few of my own family! I promise!


Boosta: well let's see, this little buddy turned 2 1/2 last month! He's so much fun, and also so full of emotions! He knows that I take pictures for people, and when he gets left with a babysitter, even if it's not for that, he cries, pulls out all the theatrics, and says "No, Mommy, I don't want you to take pictures for people of babies"...sure, I only leave him once a week...IF that often, but man...the last time he pulled this one on me, I drove off feeling like "isn't the reason I stay home with them so that I DON'T have to endure this kind of torture"...my guilt trip came to a quick hault when my friend and his babysitter called me less than 60 seconds after I peeled him from my body to say that he was fine and playing....HUH....guilt trip anyone?

Boosta is potty training as of last week! We'd tried it a couple of times, and it just hadn't taken off yet, but he somehow peed out of his diaper, and said he wanted to go feed his potty frog and make it feel all better...and has only had 1 accident since last Thursday! I hadn't expected it to be this easy...and we haven't even tried to put #2 in the potty...so I may have my work cut out for me for that, but so far, he's just doing super! He even just came up to me for the first time and said he needed to go tee tee...and actually did it! WOOHOO...on to just 1 in diapers!
AND...we bought the boys a bunk bed..that Boosta has been moved into..so now we're down to just 1 crib in the baby room! Eventually the boys will both be in the bunk bed, but until it's time for that, Boosta is on the bottom, and Bug is still in his crib..once Bug is about 2, we'll try to move Boosta up (he'll be 3.5 then) and Bug to the bottom....hopefully that will all go smoothly. Boosta only had 1 or 2 nights where he attempted to come and find us...after that he has stayed put, which has been great! I'll post pics of their new room soon..Boosta and I even made his bed a tent, which he LOVES and it kind of helps keep Bug from being able to see him and play with him.
A "boosta says" and then on to Bug....

yesterday Family Guy was heading to the hardware store to grab a few things and asked Boosta if he wanted to go with him..the kid looked at me and said "I don't want to say bye-bye for you mommy"...well...who can argue with that!

Bug::

Oh my little Bug...he's got a few words..that only me and maybe Family Guy would recognize, and other than his few words, he reaches out and makes the cutest little grabby hand at things that he wants, or points, or stands in front of you whining until you finally figure out what the heck he wanted!

So...Bug says things that sound like..."tucker"..this is for our dog tucker, or any other dog...they are all tucker! he says boosta's real name, mama, dada, makes a sound for thank you, and says more. He claps his hands, claps for his brother when he puts the tee tee in the potty, and makes the little Indian sound with his hand on his mouth...so cute! He does this in between claps! He's still very smiley, very happy, and almost always has a paci in..but if it's not in, he'll put something from the floor or ground in his mouth...so I choose paci for now! He still thinks Boosta just hung the moon, and loves to read bedtime stories on Boosta's bottom bunk. I am so proud of the relationship that these 2 little boys have with each other. Sure, they bother each other, and don't always share toys, but they hug, and laugh, and smile more than fuss, and fight, and not share!


Those are some quick updates from our corner of the world...I'll try to add pictures soon...I've just gotten to a point where I blog when I can, and don't stress about it, or getting pictures on it!

Family Girl

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP